Branden Sims headlined Friday night’s racing from the BFGoodrich Tires Mint 400 with his second career UTV Pro Turbo victory in the Great American Off-Road Race, starting on the first row and holding the lead through four laps of the 107-mile course. Sims took the victory by 12 minutes over Jacob Carver, while Dustin Jones completed the podium.
It was a similar story in UTV Pro NA, Robby Gordon and son Max teamed up to lead a majority of the event and score the win over Adrian Orellana and Kaden Wells. UTV Pro Unlimited went to Travis Zollinger, ahead of Eric Phillips and Jeramiah Drew.
The day kicked off with motorcycle action, as Dalton Shirey took the win in National Hare & Hound competition in a close fight with David Kamo on the event’s motorcycle-specific course. UTVs weren’t the only vehicles on track in the afternoon and evening, though, as everything from TrophyLite to military vehicles and a large assortment of vintage racers all had their race day on Friday.
In the NGK Spark Plugs Mini Mint 400 presented by Yokohama, four UTV classes took to the track, with Dallas Gonzalez coming out on top in Youth 1000, TJ Siewers winning in Youth 570, Chase Carr taking the checkered flag in Youth 250, and Chase Mankin scoring the Youth 170 win.
Selected class podiums from Friday’s BFGoodrich Tires Mint 400 were as follows:
- UTV Pro Turbo: Branden Sims, Jacob Carver, Dustin Jones
- UTV Pro NA: Robby Gordon, Adrian Orellana, Kaden Wells
- UTV Pro Unlimited: Travis Zollinger, Eric Phillips, Jeramiah Drew
- UTV Rally: Ethan Sullivan, Jack Olliges, Cameron Meister
- TrophyLite: Joe Fitos, Tom Barnett, Tyson Fall
- Class 1450: Kevin Thompson, Cole Spires, Tyler Davis
- Class 11: Eric Palacios, Andy McClanahan, Robert Johnson
- Motorcycle Pro: Dalton Shirey, David Kamo, Zane Roberts
- Motorcycle Pro 250: Cole Conatser, Tayson Weeks, Corbin McPherson
- Youth 1000: Dallas Gonzalez, Mikey Kelly, Cadence Cowan
- Youth 570: TJ Siewers, Johnny Koltura, Brody Aikins
- Youth 250: Chase Carr, Chaden Minder, Landyn Poppert
- Youth 170: Chase Mankin, George Llamosas, Jaocb Williamson
Click here for unofficial results from Friday’s BFGoodrich Tires Mint 400.
Action from the BFGoodrich Tires Mint 400 will continue on Saturday at 11AM PT with the unlimited race, headlined by the premier Unlimited Truck class. As always, the event can be streamed live via themint400.com and The Mint 400 Facebook page. For up to date information on this year’s event, and to livestream the action, visit themint400.com or follow @themint400 on social media.