METHOD SHOWS CLASS 10 SOME LOVE
Method Race Wheels decided that Class 10 needed a little bit more love! That’s why they are offering a $3,000 cash prize and a custom Method Race Wheels Trophy to this years Mint 400 Class 10 Champion. Some of the most competitive racing in all of off-road goes down in class 10 and with a field of 25 Class 10 racers, its gonna be war. In just over a week we’ll see who takes home the cash and the glory.
THE 2012 GENERAL TIRE MINT 400 RACE MAP
The 2012 General Tire Mint 400 Race Map is here. Click the link below to download a PDF version of the map or click the image below to view the map in your browser.
OFFICIAL SPECTATOR MAP AND SPECTATOR RULES AND REGULATIONS
Casey Folks and the Bureau of Land Management have worked together to set up some spectacular spectator areas for the general public to view 2012’s Mint 400. As shown on the map, spectators will have a great view of the action. Spectators are reminded for everyone’s safety the following rules and regulations must be followed:
Click Here To Download The 2012 Spectator Map PDF
General Tire Mint 400 ~ Spectator Rules and Regulations
For your safety and to protect the desert environment persons MUST NOT:
1. Spectators are not allowed to park in any other area outside the BLM designated spectator area and may not go outside the BLM designated (5) spectator areas.
2. Spectators must not park any vehicle in violation of posted restrictions, or in such a manner as to obstruct or impede normal or emergency traffic movement or the parking of other vehicles, create a safety hazard, or endanger any person, property or feature. Vehicles so parked are subject to
removal and impoundment at the owner’s expense.
3. Spectators are subject to a ticket by BLM law enforcement if outside the BLM designated spectator area.
4. NO ATV’s, NO Motorcycles, NO Bicycles, NO UTV’s are allowed to be ridden in any spectator area.
5. Spectators must not operate any vehicle, including an off-highway vehicle, which is not legally registered for street and highway operation, including operation of such a vehicle in spectator viewing areas, along the racecourse and in designated pit areas.
6. Spectators must not allow any minor child to be out of their sight or playing near any traffic areas or racecourse. Spectators must not allow any pet or other animal in their care to be unrestrained at any time.
7. Spectators must not be in possession of any alcoholic beverage unless that person has reached the age of 21 years and is not driving a motor vehicle.
8. Spectators must not sell, give or otherwise provide any alcoholic beverage to a person that has not
reached the age of 21 years.
9. Spectators must not discharge, or use firearms, other weapons, or fireworks.
10. Spectators must not cut or collect firewood of any kind, including dead and down wood or othervegetative material.
11. Spectators, PLEASE leave your area clean. Pick up and carry out your trash! To keep the desert open to enjoy you must do your part and keep it clean.
12. Spectators must follow the direction of the Best In The Desert Official, these areas are permitted areas under the supervision of Best In The Desert and the BLM.
VENDOR PLACEMENT GUIDE
Seen below is the 2012 Vendor Placement Map.
**Please click on the link below to take a look at the entire placement guide and see where your spot is!
Thursday, March 22nd – Vendor Set Up for Fremont East (LV Blvd to 9th) TRAILERS ONLY – 9 am to 3 pm at 9th & Fremont
Friday, March 23rd – Vendor Set Up for FSE Canopy (1st to LV Blvd) and Fremont East (LV Blvd to 9th) EZ-UPS ONLY – 6 to 8 am. Fremont East EZ up vendors load in at 9th & Fremont
Friday Vendors Load in at the following locations for FSE/Canopy:
Use 4th Street for vendors on 3rd and 4th blocks
Use 1st Street behind 1st Street Stage for vendors in 1st & 2nd blocks
KMC WHEELS PIT CREW CHALLENGE
8:30pm Wednesday night on Fremont St. West
16 pit crews from the top unlimited truck teams do head to battle to decide who is best in off-road!
One spare, One Jack, One Impact Gun, 3 man crew
Each team of 3 team members starts in staging box with impact gun, Jack, and one spare tire. Team must start with hands in air. Equipment must be on ground within box.
Must carry jack into carpeted area
Teams must swap one front tire and one rear tire.
Both teams will be timed individually in case of penalties.
First team back to staging box with impact gun, Jack, and one spare tire and all 3 members with hands in air wins. Equipment must be on ground within box.
Must carry jack from carpeted area around truck to staging box.Penalties:
5 sec penalty per loose lug nut
15 second penalty for missing lug nutsRules:
37″ Tire Min.
5 Lug Nuts Minimum
Lug torq 65lbs before and after
No lug spacers
No glued lug nuts on wheels
No extra lug nuts
No limit straps to limit travel all vehicles must be race ready
3 tires on the ground at all times (single point jacking only.)
Prizes: (3) Sets of KMC wheels (3) Sets of Fox OEM shocks (3) Sets of General Tire Grabbers (3) $500 Kartek Gift Certificates (3) Maxima Oil Packages (3) Optima Batteries
About The General Tire Mint 400
Started in 1976, The General Tire Mint 400 is steeped in American lore, as thousands of racers, as well as celebrities from around the world, have attempted to tame the brutal Nevada desert. Known as “The Great American Off-Road Race,” The Mint 400 is an epic battle between some of the top off-road racers in the world in over twenty-two different classes of off-road vehicles. An entire week of events lead up the famed off-road race in and around Las Vegas, including a vehicle parade, drivers meet and greet, pit crew contest, crowning of Miss Mint, multiple parties, qualifying, and Contingency or Vehicle Tech inspection. You’re invited to come spectate, party, and race!
For the latest information on The Mint 400 visit:
Management & Media by:
Mad Media Matt Martelli / Joshua Martelli (760) 721-3600 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For sponsorship info please contact:
Ron Solomon 949-212-2623 email@example.com
For additional news and updates check out: www.BITD.com
High-resolution Mint 400 photos are also available upon request.